Newton George is a scholar-practitioner in the disciplines of Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, and Conflict Management with approximately twenty years’ experience.
Employment record includes:
- Human Resource and Industrial Relations Consultant / Attorney-at-Law
- Telecommunications Services of Trinidad & Tobago (TSTT) as Head Industrial Relations & Safety
- National Petroleum Marketing Company Limited (NP), as Industrial Relations Manager
- Lecturer - UWI - Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School -Contemporary Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management.
- Principal Consultant for the Employers Consultative Association (ECA)
- Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union (O.W.T.U.) and at the Ministry of Labour, as a Labour Relations Officer.
- University of the West Indies, St. Augustine as an understudy to the Senior Assistant Register Human Resource and Industrial Relations.
- B.Sc. in Sociology, University of the West Indies, St. Augustine
- Post Graduate Diploma
in Human Resource Management (UWI – Arthur Lok Jack
Graduate School of Business),
- LLB (Hons) , University of London.
- LEC, Hugh Wooding Law School
As an independent Human Resources and Industrial Relations Consultant his functions include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment of senior personnel on behalf of clients
- Collective bargaining negotiations with labour unions
- Chairing disciplinary procedures on behalf of clients
- Facilitating dispute resolution between clients and labour unions, and between workers and managers
- Enhance grievance procedures on behalf of clients in order to stabilize the industrial relation climate
- Training and development of senior personnel in the principles and practices of good industrial relations
- Facilitate and lead business process reviews
- Perform job evaluation exercises,
- Represent employers at the Industrial Court of Trinidad and Tobago in cases of dismissals, suspensions of workers, Industrial Relations Offences, breaches of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and in Retrenchment and Severance Benefits Disputes
- Represent clients at the Equal Opportunity Commission and the Equal Opportunity Tribunal under the Equal Opportunity Act
- Draft outsourcing agreements for employers, and facilitate manpower outsourcing..